Thursday, May 17, 2012

Dealing with Being Let Go

So for the second time in a year I find myself unemployed. I can't believe it happened again. I could understand if I was some slacker employee who goofed off and deserved it, but this is not the case. My last job was really tough, but I put everything I had into it. Unfortunately, I received the dreaded "This just isn't working, so we need to let you go" conversation.

Now here I sit (again) trying to figure out what I'm going to do. The problem is that I don't have any thing I really want to do that I can just dive into. I would like to start my own bookkeeping business, but I can't afford to advertise and wait for work. I can go for a month or two on the little I have in savings, but then I'm going to be completely broke. As a single mother, I don't have any other income to rely on. I need to find something soon.

Of course this is where my indecisive nature is always a major downfall. I'm awful at making decisions, and the more options I have, the more I struggle. I've checked the help wanted section of the newspaper, and there's nothing that caught my eye. I would like to do something from home, but there are so many scams out there that it's taking me a long time to sift through all the trash and find something that's actually legitamite.

I come up with a different idea almost every hour. Most of them are nothing but foolish dreams, but I'm hoping if I keep brainstorming something amazing will come to me. So far my list of ideas includes: freelance writer, photographer, bookkeeper, and selling things online. Obviously, most of the ideas revolve around me working from home. That is the only thing I really know that I want. Otherwise, I'm open to almost anything. Let's hope I stumble upon something amazing soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment