Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Three men and a pedophile van

So a friend and I decided to go out this weekend for a much needed night out. We made our usual stops uptown where there are several bars within walking distance. After a couple hours of bar hopping and drinking we were feeling pretty good. As we were walking to our next destination, we met up with three guys who were standing out in front of our next drinking hole.

Now normally we would say "Hi" and continue walking, but these guys somehow were able to draw us in. I'm not sure if it was because we were getting bored walking from one bar to the next and sitting by ourselves, or they were really that entertaining. Whatever the reason, we decided to stick around and find out more about these three guys who seemed to be as bored as we were.

They told us they were all pharmaceutical reps who were in town for the weekend. They were each from another state, but they'd been hanging out together for the weekend. After a few minutes we went inside a bar where they bought us a drink and continued to provide us with some much needed entertainment.

At first they were flirting with us both with the normal pick-up lines ("You have the most beautiful eyes", etc). They are the same lines all the players and want-to-be-players seem to use, but we let them go on and accepted their compliments. My friend informed them she was married, so then I became the target for their cheesy and over-the-top pick up lines. I've obviously been single for too long, because I ate all of it up.

For some reason two of the guys really wanted to go to another town. Why they wanted to head to another town at midnight was beyond me, especially since the town was over an hour away. Why spend the last two hours of bar time on the road? By the time they got there everything would be closing.

Whatever the reason, they continued talking about going and tried to convince me to go with them. Since my friend was married they knew she wouldn't go, but they somehow thought I would be up for a road trip. I let them try to sell me on the idea even though I knew there was absolutely no way I would ever leave town with three men I had just met. They said they knew a lot of people there and would be going to hang at their friend's homes. Great. Now not only would I be traveling with three strangers, but I would end up at some stranger's house. Definitely thinking about it now - not.

The best selling point they had was their mode of transportation. One of the guys felt the need to warn me about the van they were driving. I guess they'd talked to another girl about going, and when she saw their van she said she wasn't riding in a pedophile van. Now, I did not see the van. Part of me really wanted to, but I thought it was best to leave it to my imagination. I picture their van being big and white with a sign on the side saying they have icecream. Needless to say, even this new information couldn't convince me that going on a road trip with them was what I wanted to do. As cute and funny the one guy was there was no way I was going to leave town with three men in a pedophile van!

No comments:

Post a Comment